Site Metrics and Web Analytics by NextSTAT

Friday, December 21, 2012

Install/Update Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 to I9300XXELL4 Android 4.1.2 Premium Suite Jelly Bean (Video)


The Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean “Premium Suite”  that features a Multi -View function is now headed on most countries across Europe. Today, it is now rolling in United Kingdom, Germany and Russia with firmware build I9300XXELL4. The 4.1.2 update was first released in Poland unbranded Galaxy S3′s then followed by Vodafone Germany and Swisscom Switzerland, the rest of Europe, Asia, Middle East, Africa, Latin America might follow soon.

The Premium Suite 4.1.2 Jelly bean goodies does not bring along the Multi-View function that let users runs or view an apps simultaneously. You should also take advantage of the added “Paper Artist” apps that provides editing effects for your photos. Some added tweaks like “Smart Rotation” that let users choose which angle for viewing needs. Well, you should check all other newly bundled apps which you may find it somehow very interesting.



So, if you’re a proud owner of the Samsung Galaxy S3 you shouldn’t miss this update. Just keep an eye of the Premium Suite update thru your phone via OTA or Samsung Kies. Just grab the latest Samsung Kies for Galaxy S III GT-I9300 and follow the step by step procedure on how to upgrade from Samsung UK support page.
http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/mobile-devices/smartphones/android/GT-I9300MBDBTU-support

 

How to Install I9300XXELL4 Android 4.1.2 Latest Official Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S3

Thus who now runs with rooted or custom firmware and modifies recoveries can’t get this update officially from Kies or OTA, since the device is already modified,  Kies or OTA updates will just fails your devices from updating.

This is the procedure on how to manually upgrade the Samsung Galaxy S3 to official Android 4.1.2 Jelly bean I9300XXEELL4. This firmware is compatible with all Samsung Galaxy S3 with model number GT-I9300 only  (International version) and cannot be used on U.S and Canada Galaxy S3 variants like SGH I747/M, SCH-I535, SGH-T999/V and  SPH-L710 and so on.

Warning: This method is for advance users only, typical users who did not touch or modify their devices can simply update on Kies and OTA only.

Grab Odin flasher tools and USB Driver:
Odin3_v3.07
GT-I9300 USB Driver
Grab the original I9300XXDLLE4 unbranded Stock ROMS:

Download I9300XXELL4 original stock ROM

United Kingdom: GT-I9300_BTU_I9300XXELL4_I9300OXAELL4  Download
Germany: GT-I9300_DBT_I9300XXELL4_I9300DBTELL1 Download
Russia: GT-I9300_SER_I9300XXELL4_I9300OXEELL1Download
Nordic Countries: pending..
I will add more countries with the same build I9300XXELL4….
Disclaimer: Proceed and use this method solely at your own risk!

FAQ about flashing Samsung Galaxy S III (GT-I9300) I9300XXELL4 stock ROM:

Q: Did it increase the flash counter of the phone?
A: No, flashing original stock firmware will not trip  your phone’s flash counter, it only increases when you install any custom ROM, unofficial or leaked firmware.
Q: My phone is already rooted, does it remove root?
A: Yes, once you flash official firmware it will return to its original factory default settings, you will lose root and you need to root again.

Before you proceed prepare the necessary things as follows:
- Create a sync and backup all your personal data, like: Contacts, Messages, Applications, Pictures and Videos, so that you will not lose it just in-case something might went wrong after the update.
- Make sure that the phone’s battery is fully charge to ensure stability and avoid power failure issues while updating.
-Close all softwares, such as KIES suite, Antivirus, firewalls, to prevent the possible conflicts.
-Prepare a personal computer or laptop with Windows XP, Vista, 7 or later OS, and you must deactivate the antivirus from your computer and you must have an administrator access, to be able to download and install the drivers.

Install I9300XXDLLE4 Official Jelly Bean Odin Flashing Procedure for Galaxy S3 GT-I9300

1) Extract or unzip the downloaded I9300XXELL4 firmware or stock ROM so that you’ll get the Odin flashable tar.
KIES_HOME_I9300XXELL4_I9300OXAELL4_566833_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5
KIES_HOME_I9300XXELL4_I9300OXAELL4_566833_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5
SS_DL.dll (this cannot be used but do not delete, it’s the Kies firmware extension driver file)


2) Run Odin Downloader v3.07 flasher program.

3) Load the binary file.  Click on the PDA button then browse to the folder where you extracted the stock ROM.
ex. UK–KIES_HOME_I9300XXELL4_I9300OXAELL4_566833_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5

4. Do Not check the Re-Partition checkbox. Mark check these checkboxes Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time.

5. Reboot the phone in download mode: To reboot the Galaxy S3 into  download mode , you need to turn the power off.  After it completely shut down,  just  press and hold the Volume Down key,  Home button and the Power ON/OFF button simultaneously.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Download Mode buttons Volume Down,HOME,Power keys

You should then prompted into a warning screen and asking you  to press volume up if you want to continue or volume down to cancel, just simply press volume up to get into download mode. The download mode then displays an Android robot and say’s “Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!”

6. Connect the phone to PC when it’s in the Download Mode screen.

7. Hit the “START’ button.

8. Wait until a word “PASS’ appears.

9. Remove the phone from PC once completely reboots.

Odin Install Android 4.1.2 I9300XXELL4 Jelly bean Premium suite Galaxy S3

You may then confirm the newly installed Jelly Bean from your device:
About>Settings> Firmware info or type *#1234# and see if it’s already I9300XXELL4 4.1.2 Jelly Bean build.

Source: androidromupdate.com

3 σχόλια:

Unknown said...

This is nice update of 4.1.2 for Samsung Galaxy S3. Has anyone got it ????

Download Big Win Basketball said...

Thanks so much for this tutorial! I did this for a friends wedding party and it worked jolly good. It lasts the whole evening

Unknown said...

Stock Rom Firmware
http://www2.apkhit.com/

Post a Comment